Job Tile – Purchase Ledger Clerk
Location – Wymondham
Salary – £23,000 – £25,000 per annum
Our client a reputable building and maintenance contractor based in Wymondham is seeking a purchase ledger clerk to join their friendly team.
Working alongside the Accounts Manager and key operational personnel in the business, you will be dealing with suppliers, subcontractors and providers of other financial and professional services. You will be a strong communicator (both verbally and in writing) working to a high level of accuracy with a keen eye for detail and an orderly approach to processing.
You will be highly motivated and constantly strive for improvement whilst adopting a hands-on approach at all levels. The successful candidate will ideally have a good level of previous experience in a similar role, knowledge of CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) is desirable.
To provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of all invoice and expense payments through the Purchase Ledger.
Scope & Responsibilities of the Role
Purchase Orders / Invoices / Payments
– Acting as a point of contact with suppliers by telephone, email and face to face.
– Ensuring that the Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines are met.
– Creating new suppliers accounts, adhering to strict payment terms.
– Maintaining good internal control with regards to the Purchase Ledger function (purchase orders and invoices) ensuring these are coded and signed by the appropriate signatories.
– Investigating and resolving purchase ledger queries as required.
– Entering of supplier invoices in a prompt and timely manner (Exchequer, accounting software)
– Daily cash balance updates and allocation of suppliers payments.
– Producing suggested weekly and month end payment reports before submitting payment to the bank.
– Reconciling supplier statements to supplier ledger accounts, ensuring invoices are requested where necessary and costs are accrued for accounts purposes at the end of each month.
– Monitoring the Accounts inbox and responding to queries.
– Providing ad-hoc support for the Finance team as required.
– Setting up new subcontractor accounts and verifying them with HMRC.
– Processing fortnightly subcontractor claims for payments, ensuring correct tax treatment is applied and relevant retentions are deducted.
– Ensuring account reconciliations are performed and investigate any disputes if required.
– Generating month end subcontractor reports.
– Processing employee expense claims
– Processing credit card statements
– Processing employee timesheets
– Maintain accurate and efficient purchase ledger by managing the purchase order system, matching and coding invoices, preparing and running bacs payments and reconciling suppliers statements.
– Manage credit risk via strategy and ongoing credit control
– Assisting in stock control valuation
– Assisting in monthly ledger, cash and bank reconciliations
Competitive salary subject to experience and qualifications.
– 30 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
– Private Healthcare
– Death In Service insurance
– Pension contribution
If you feel you may be suited to this role please contact the ARC Maintenance team on (01603) 984879 or upload your CV via the link.